IMPORTANT – Revised OHV/Motorized Vehicle Guidelines
We have had several meetings about the use of motorized vehicles such as ATV’s, RUV’s, golf carts, motorcycles, etc. on Riverside International Speedway owned/managed property; as of July 1, 2018, revised guidelines will govern the use of such vehicles. In addition, there will be an increased RCMP presence on site patrolling the grounds to ensure compliance.
Motorized Vehicle Guidelines (effective July 1, 2018)
This applies to motorcycles, off-road vehicles, ATV’s, RUV’s, UTV’s, OHV’s and any other motorized vehicle being operated on RIS owned/managed property.
- Speed: The speed limit is 5 mph
- Hours of Operation: No motorized traffic between midnight and 8 a.m.
- Helmets: Drivers and passengers must wear a motorized vehicle helmet that meets one of these standards: DOT, SNELL, BSI, CSA.
- License: The driver of any motorized vehicle must have a valid driver’s license; if not, and the provincial laws for the type of vehicle allows for it a valid safety course certificate is required and may be requested. If you supervise a child or youth as a parent or guardian, you must both have a safety training course for the appropriate vehicle.
- Registration: With the exception of golf carts, you must have a registration plate clearly visible on the back, clean and displayed horizontally. If you are a dealer, you must display a dealer permit and plate on any vehicles being operated on RIS property.
- Liability Insurance: By law, you must carry at least $500,000.00 in coverage if you drive on land that does NOT belong to you or members of your family. You must have liability insurance for every OHV operated on RIS owned/managed property and your insurance must cover third-party liability. You and your passenger/s assume all risks that relate to owning and driving the OHV on RIS owned/managed property.
- Impaired Driving: The same laws apply to RIS property as driving on the street; PLEASE have a designated driver if you plan to consume alcohol.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND PROOF OF INSURANCE AT CHECK IN ON THE IWK 250 WEEKEND; IF YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE THE VEHICLE ON SITE – NO EXCEPTIONS
These guidelines are subject to change without notice as deemed necessary by Riverside International Speedway management.