Pro Stock Tour Announces Schedule; at Riverside June 17, July 15, Sept. 9
The 2017 schedule at Riverside International Speedway is finalized with the announcement of the 2017 Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour schedule. Besides the July 15 date already announced for the IWK 250, the series will visit James River on June 17 and September 9 – both events with 150-lap features.
As in the past, the series will see a 12-race schedule with stops in five Maritime markets across the three Maritime provinces. New for 2017, the series will see a minimum feature race length of 150 green flag laps (up from 100); there will be nine 150’s, two 200’s, and two 250’s.
There are seven events in Nova Scotia. Besides Riverside, the series will visit Scotia Speedworld near Halifax, starting with a 150-lap season opener on May 20. The second stop at Scotia is set for June 24 (150 laps), a third on August 12 for the Atlantic Cat 250, and the fourth for the series season finale – a 200-lap feature – on September 16.
New Brunswick will see four events starting with a ‘150’ on June 10 at Petty International Raceway, near Moncton. Another ‘150’ is set for Petty on July 22 and the 53rd River Glade International on August 26 will see a 200-lap feature. Speedway 660 in Geary (near Fredericton) will host the series on Canada Day, July 1, with a 150-lap feature.
August 5 will see the series only stop in Prince Edward Island for a 150-lap feature at Oyster Bed Speedway.
While regional racers have seen longer length races at Scotia, Riverside, and Petty over the past few years, they are anomalies for the series at both Speedway 660 and Oyster Bed Speedway.
Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour 2017 Schedule
- May 20 – Scotia Speedworld (150 laps)
- June 10 – Petty International Raceway (150 laps)
- June 17 – Riverside International Speedway (150 laps)
- June 24 – Scotia Speedworld (150 laps)
- July 1 – Speedway 660 (150 laps)
- July 15 – Riverside International Speedway (IWK 250)
- July 22 – Petty International Raceway (150 laps)
- August 5 – Oyster Bed Speedway (150 laps)
- August 12 – Scotia Speedworld (Atlantic Cat 250)
- August 26 – Petty International Raceway (200 laps)
- September 9 – Riverside International Speedway (150 laps)
- September 16 – Scotia Speedworld (200 laps)
Schedule is subject to change without prior notice.
Race sponsors, support classes and times for each event will be released in the coming weeks.
Riverside International Speedway – 2017 Schedule
- June 17: Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour 150
- July 13-15: IWK 250 Super Weekend Presented by Steve Lewis Auto Body
- August 18-16: NASCAR Pinty’s Series Weekend
- September 9: Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour 150
Schedule is subject to change without notice.
Advance tickets for the Riverside events will be available approximately three weeks prior to each race date; camping renewals for the IWK 250 weekend will be mailed out in late February.
About the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour:
The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour (PST) visits five tracks throughout the Maritimes during its May through September season. The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour is owned and operated by Maritime Pro Stock Tour Limited. For more information, call 902.481.2531 or visit www.maritimeprostocktour.com . Stay connected via Twitter at www.twitter.com/prostocktour and Facebook at www.facebook.com/prostocktour.