With ample parking for more than 800 recreational vehicles in our designated camping areas, the IWK 250 race weekend sees the population of James River, Nova Scotia swell by thousands – fans that literally move in for a long weekend – all here for a good time, not a long time – to quote Canadian rock legends ‘Trooper‘.
In order to help ensure a good time for all campers and that the privilege of camping at Riverside International Speedway continues for a long time, we ask everyone in the camping area to be aware of, and abide by, the following:
- Only one recreational vehicle (RV) per site. Tents are allowed on the same site as an RV.
- All RVs must be parked in designated camping areas ONLY.
- RVs MUST be parked parallel to lines, when provided.
- Reserved sites are available for the IWK 250 weekend only. Please check event details or call 902.863.2410.
- There is a “tent only” area; if you do not have an RV please use this area as specified.
- There are no serviced sites; please ensure your onboard tanks remain closed at all times. Portable toilets are available in the designated camping areas.
- A water truck and a sewage dump truck will be available at bigger events (fee will apply).
- Quiet times vary by area; please be aware of the time that applies to your site and respect it.
- All motorized vehicles (golf carts, motorcycles, etc.) must be parked by midnight. Nova Scotia has a helmet law and they must be worn at all times.
- Garbage bins are located throughout the camping areas; please make sure you use them. Do not litter and please leave your site as you found it.
- Campfires are subject to weather conditions and approval by the appropriate governing entities; please ensure any fires you start are a safe distance from your neighbours.
- Track management is not responsible for any vehicles, RVs, tents, or other personal property on site. Park at, and use the space, your own risk.
- In case of an emergency the track civic address is 101 Beaver Mountain Road, Antigonish County, Nova Scotia.
It is important to note additional policies may be implemented for certain events; details will be included with event information as necessary.
Camping Policies for Special Events
Additional terms may apply for certain events at Riverside International Speedway, including but not limited to:
- IWK 250 – A permit is required for all overnight stays. Please review special terms and request a permit application.
ALL RULES AND POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED – CHOOSING NOT TO RESPECT THEM MAY RESULT IN EVICTION FROM THE PROPERTY (at the discretion of track management and/or contracted security and/or officers of the law who may be on patrol.)
Camping area policies are subject to change without notice.