A permit is required for overnight parking at Riverside International Speedway between July 8 and 16 (2017).
Starting in late February, renewals will be offered to those who had a site in 2016; new requests will be filled after that. If you did not have a site in 2016 and want to get on the list for this year please email email@example.com including RV type, size, and daytime contact information.
Riverside International Speedway (RIS) is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and memorable experience for our guests. To that end, we have established guidelines so that there is a clear understanding by those whose use our property for overnight stays of what is acceptable, and what is not. Thank-you in advance for your cooperation.
- Additional rules are in effect for the IWK 250 event and cover the camping area seven days prior to the event until one day after. They are noted with red type.
RIS is not responsible for personal injuries or damage and/or loss to/of vehicles, RV’s, tents, or other personal property on RIS grounds; use at your own risk. Please familiarize yourself with this document in its entirety; camping on RIS property acknowledges your agreement.
- All RV’s must be self-contained; there are no serviced sites
- Onboard tank outlets must be closed at all times; portable restrooms are available if needed
- There is a ‘tent only’ area; if you do not have an RV please use this section
- Leave your site as you found it, disposing of garbage in bins that are supplied
- Sites are filled on a reserved basis in advance of the event
- Permits are issued at check-in and must be clearly displayed at all times
- The name on the permit is the person responsible for the site and anyone on it. If you are not using a site you booked it should be transferred to the occupant; please see camping area personnel for a new permit
- RV’s must be parked in designated camping areas ONLY
- RV’s must park on assigned site parallel to lines
- Limit of one RV unit, one tent, and one passenger vehicle per campsite (must fit within your site)
- The hitch couplers for towable trailers must point to fire lane with no exceptions
- No parking in camping area other than RV’s with permits and the one vehicle allowed per RV permit
Respect Your Neighbours
- Please respect quiet times; no excessive noise at any time
- Tent and awning stakes must be marked
- Campfires must be a minimum 10 feet from any vehicle or structure
- Campfires are subject to weather conditions and restrictions that may be imposed
- No fireworks, large bonfires
- Consumption of alcohol in any public space other than your campsite is strictly prohibited (by law)
- Offensive signs, drunkenness, profanity or activities that disturb other campers will not be tolerated
- No unmanned aircraft (drones, etc.) over RIS property without express written permission in advance of event
- Fire lanes must remain open at all times
- No vending/fundraising without RIS vendor permit
- Officers from the RCMP and Department of Natural Resources patrol the property and enforce laws as necessary
Motorized Vehicle Guidelines
This applies to all motorized vehicles including motorcycles, golf carts, off-road vehicles, ATV’s, RUV’s, UTV’s, & OHV’s…
- Speed limit is 5 mph
- No motorized traffic after midnight
- Helmets must be worn at all times, as required by law
- Driver of any motorized vehicle must have a valid driver’s license; if not, and the provincial laws for the type of vehicle allows for it a valid safety course certificate is required and may be requested
- Owners must clean up after their pets
- Must be controlled and on a leash at all times (no free run)
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
- Must be current with vaccines/shots; proof may be requested
- If you need to call 911 the RIS address is 101 Beaver Mountain Road, Antigonish County, Nova Scotia
- Otherwise, please contact track or security personnel
Campground Services – IWK 250 Weekend
For your convenience, these pay-per-use services are available during the IWK 250 weekend (no services otherwise)…
- Ice Service – bagged ice – roaming vendor
- RV Pumping Service – roaming vendor
- Fresh Water Delivery Service – roaming vendor
- Van Zutphen Pig Roast (official IWK 250 fundraiser) – starts at Noon the day of IWK 250, in the camping area
Code of Conduct – Applies to Campground and Track/Grandstand Area
Please refrain from the following…
- Behaviour that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal
- Impairment, through alcohol or other means
- Foul, abusive or obscene language, gestures, acts, signs, music, or clothing
- Verbal or physical harassment of other guests
- Throwing of any objects on the racing surface
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Failing to follow the instruction so RIS staff or security personnel
Guests are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests while at RIS. Guests who violate these provisions may be subject to ejection without refund and/or possible loss of ticket and/or camping privileges for future events and/or arrest.
Camping policies are subject to change without notice.